I'm trying to find a new rythm that works for me blogging wise. I've figured out that when I postpone my blogging to after dinner I'm often either too tired to blog or I'm being taken up by some sort of game that will last untill I go to bed... Prompting me to forget to blog again.
So today I've decided to take the 30 minute window I have untill dinner is ready to blog instead. Seeing as I type fast and I usually know what I want to blog about in advance this should give me plenty of time to put out a post AND make sense.
First off I want to start with evaluating August as a gaming month for me. I have set some goals and I have attained a few of them:
- Get rank 20 in Hearthstone. I did this one on two accounts actually. It's a quick and easy goal and I have to admit that it only took me one evening to do this.
- Unlock first wing of Naxxramas in Hearthstone. I have defeated all the bosses by now and unlocked some really nice cards. The only thing left open is the Druid Class Challenge which I have some issues with figuring out.
- Finish the Garrison campaign on my Priest (Sarelly) in WoW. I basically took one evening to just grind out all the quests that were still up in Tanaan. So an easy goal to attain.
- Level my Draenor Hunter (Aylanna) to level 30. Again, I just put a nice relaxing evening of levelling in and was level 30 before I knew it. I think I'm actually sitting on level 35 right now, without putting in a lot of effort.
- Finish World 1 in New Super Mario Bros. 2 for my 3DS. Did this one while travelling to a friend. It's fun to play on the road and I was done with the world before I knew it!
The goals I didn't attain:
- All my FFXIV goals. I have barely played FFXIV the past month. I will probably set some new goals for this game, but not as many as in August.
- My GW2 goals. The moment I got a job I completely stopped playing Guild Wars 2. There's just not enough hours in the day. I might pick this up when my schedule has a bit more room again.
- Mickey's Castle of Illusion Act 2. Same story as GW2. Didn't look at it at all!
- Level to 30 on Destiny. I haven't actually touched my PS4 at all in the past few weeks. I feel so sad! But time is money and all that stuff. Just didn't really have the time or energy to work on Destiny on top of everything else really.
I really want to prioritize this project in September. I want to finish up my 100 games on Valla (I'm somewhere around 15 at the moment) and pick up a new champion to master. It will probably be Kharazim, but I'm not 100% sure. For now I will probably make friday night my Heroes night since I have other obligations during the other evenings of the week. Other than that I foresee my schedule getting a bit more room the coming few weeks so I will have a bit more time to play Heroes overall.
Another thing I want to try to do is read more blogs. I've really only got 3 on my Feedly at the moment and click on a few posts here and there that interest me, but I would like to get more involved into the blog-o-sphere. There are a fantastic bunch of people involved there and I would really like to be a part of it more than I have been so far. So I will probably be more active on Anook, Twitter and Player.me
As for now I'm wiping my to-do list clean and starting over for September. On which I will post more tomorrow.